I really like these lemon cookies. The recipe is adapted from Cooking Light May 2008 recipe I found online. It is easy to make as long as you are careful not to use too much baking soda. It is better to put less than more. There are still somewhat soft after 12 minutes of baking, but if you prefer them crisper just add a couple of minutes to the baking time. I will definitely make these again and again.
Lemon Cornmeal Cookies
makes about 20 small cookies
7 T all-purpose flour
4 T cornmeal
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
5 T sugar
3 T butter, softened
1 egg white, room temperature
1 T grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix the flour with the cornmeal, baking soda, salt and ginger.
- Beat the butter with the sugar until fluffy.
- Add the egg white and the zest. Mix well.
- Add the flour in two additions being careful to not overmix.
- Spoon over silicone mat and bake for 12 minutes.
- Let cool on the mat for another 5 minutes, then transfer in an airtight container.