Have some fresh guacamole and/or a nice dip and you are good for a treat!
makes 12 tortillas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
4 T cold butter, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup water
- Stir flour and salt.
- Cut in butter with the help of a fork and your fingertips until there are no longer lumps. (it should be close to a cornmeal consistency, but don't overwork it)
- Stir in water at once and mix it all in with a fork until it holds into a ball. It would look kind of dry.
- Wrap in plastic and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- Cut in 12 equal pieces. Keep them wraped while rolling each one.
- Heat up a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Roll as thin as possible and cook tortillas as you continue to roll the others.
- Tortillas puff quite a bit. After you turn them over you can pat them down a little to help cook it evenly.
- Keep cooked tortillas covered with a towel.
- Enjoy within a couple of hours! These could be frozen as well but I rarely have leftovers.