We had some extra smoked ham and roasted peppers when I remembered the old Bulgarian Shepherd's salad. Qualitly ingredients really make a difference here. We loved this one!
Bulgarian Shepherd's Salad
2-3 T thinly sliced red onion (could use scallions)
1/4-1/3 cup marinated grilled mushrooms
1/4 cup smoked ham
2-3 roasted peppers
1/4 cup kashkaval cheese (could use mozzarella), cubed
some feta cheese
3 boiled eggs
handful olives for garnish (optional)
olive oil, wine vinegar, and salt for seasining
- Mix all the ingredients except the feta and eggs.
- Season with about 1-2 T oil and 1.5 tsp vinegar (more or less to taste)
- Divide in two big plates.
- Sprinkle the feta, and arrange the eggs along the edge of the plate.
- Top with lives if using. Enjoy!