Brussels Sprouts Cockaigne
makes 2 appetizer servings
1 T butter
1 1/2 T olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves
12-14 brussel sprouts
You need a big enough saute pan with a lid that can hold all brussel sprouts.
- Rinse and precut the brussel sprouts in half.
- Heat the butter and oil on medium low.
- Cut the garlic lengthwise and add to the pan.
- Once the garlic is golden brown on both sides, take it out and turn down the heat to very low.
- Add the brussel sprout cut side down and cover.
- After 10-13 minutes they should be nicely browned, bt be careful not to overcook.
- Season with salt and serve with a little grated parmesan. Enjoy while steam warm!