Sunday, February 16, 2014

Puff Pastry with Feta

 When I have leftover puff pastry I often make these. They make a good breakfast as well.

Puff Pastry with Feta 

puff pastry
feta cheese
egg

Defrost the pastry according to package directions.
For every every 4-5 T cheese use 1 T egg mixture or less. The filling shoould still be somewhat firm not runny. Set aside.
Roll out a little bit and cut in squares or any other shape you like.
Spoon 1-2 tsp filling over each sqaure depending on size.
Lightly brush the edges with egg and close. I use a small fork to close the edges. Make sure you work quickly otherwise the dough would becode sticky.
Put in the fridge for 10-15 minutes or so to firm up.
Just before baking brush the top with the egg.
Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until golden brown like the picture below.

 Tip: I often use my fingers to brush pastries since I find the brush I bought from the store oo stiff.



No comments:

Post a Comment