Bulgarian Meatloaf (Rulo Stefani)
1.2-1.5 lb ground meat (we used lamb here; mixture of pork and beef also works well)
3 T minced onion
3-4 T chopped parsley
3-4 T breadcrumbs, or 2 bread slices
spices like summer savory, paprika, cumin
salt and pepper
1-2 T butter
2 boiled eggs
1-2 boiled carrots
- Preheat oven/grill to 300-350F.
- Mix all meatloaf ingredients in a bowl and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Spread meat mixture over greased aluminum foil in a rectangular shape about 1 cm thick.
- Arrange the filling along the center and roll along the long edge helping yourself with the foil to seal it well. Make sure the seal is in the bottom.
- Drizzle with hot butter.
- Optionally add a little water .
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until done. We added some grated Kashkaval cheese during the last 5-10 minutes of baking.
- Let cool a bit, slice, and serve.